lördag 11 april 2009

Heat, Trains and Anxiety.

It seems impossible I have only been here for four days... It is at least two weeks! I read somewhere that India is an overwhelming assault on all senses, all the time, and that is very true. Just walking the streets makes me exhausted.
Also, I'm landing in the experience so to speak, or rather crashing. Alternating between a very strong sense of wanting to go home and also like teetering on the brink of a great adventure. I knew this was coming but it is still hard to handle. The feeling immedeantly dissapears when I meet someone so I guess that's where the problem. I met some Indian guys yesterday that were real nice, but some police officer started pestering them until they just loped away. Me being the Ultimate Genius (tm) I lost their number.

After som train mishaps (I'm learning) I ended up in a complete shithole called Moradabad, which I intend to leave as soon as possible... (Clarification: Indian shithole = Traffic and concrete.) There is some sort of Indian holiday, so there are billions of people on the trains. Me, in my usual wisdom, got no tickets to reserved, nice seats, so my journey tomorrow will be like riding in an oven with five thousand squirrels, also known as grisfrakt. Flipside: Tickets cost 8 skr.
I read somewhere else that the reason people find spiritual values in this country isn't because there is anything divine about India, but rather that god in his infinite wisdom decided not to make traffic pancake out of you. The Indian drivers are very calm and controlled drivers. No, scratch that, I can't understand how anyone survives for a prolonged time here...
Still no Indian stomach! Even though I stupidly try grilled lamb of the street and stuff like that. These guys know how to fucking cook!

2 kommentarer:

  1. just watch out for the placenta stew.

    SvaraRadera
  2. synd att du missar nya Brutal Truth-skivan förresten, den är ball.

    SvaraRadera